Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trump on Libya, Iraq: Take the Oil

Tax Nomo Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's official. I'm starting to develop a man-crush on Donald Trump. He's saying pretty much exactly the kind of stuff I think most conservatives wish the GOP had the balls to say, and he's saying it all over the damn place. He's even saying nice things about Sarah Palin. That's a personal litmus test for me.

If this does turn out to be some kind of a network stunt, then it's a brilliant one. Any debate featuring Donald Trump will be must-see TV.

To the reporter: "I would never ask a stupid question like that."

On politics: "I'm very conservative."

On other candidates: "I'd rather have any of these people than Obama."

On trade: "If it's a bad deal for us, I'm not signing it."

On Libya: "I'm only interested in Libya if we take the oil....Nobody knows who these rebels are"

On China: "China gets its oil from Libya and we get nothing but dead soldiers."

"I would tell China that you'd better shape up or we're going to start taxing you at 25%. We're talking $300 Billion dollars. China has been taking advantage of our leaders for years."

On Iraq: "As soon as we leave Iran is going to go in and take the oil... I would take the oil... I would not want to be the one who told someone whose son or daughter died over there that Iran took the oil and their child died for nothing."

"We will make a fortune. They have $15 Trillion of oil in Iraq. We are not going to hand that oil to Iran."

Best line of all... "We need oil. We don't need China."


Donald Trump will “probably” run as an independent candidate for U.S. President in 2012 if he does not receive the Republican party’s nomination, he told the Wall Street Journal in a video interview on Monday.

“I hate what’s happening to the country,” said Mr. Trump, a real estate tycoon and host of the NBC show “Celebrity Apprentice.” He will not formally make a decision until June, however, when this season of his television show is over. “I can’t run during the airing of that show,” Mr. Trump said, “I’m not allowed to.” But he said he would make an announcement “by June” and his candidacy looks increasingly likely....

No comments: