Thursday, December 31, 2009

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (December 31, 2009: Dear Reader Closes Year at -18)

MrB....”Don’t Panic”.

One thing I think we forget around here is that, literally, we are on the leading edge of the news cycle. Also, most freepers totally immerse themselves in political news. Listen to “normal” folks talk and you’ll quickly find out that they are weeks and months behind in their knowledge of events. Some of that is due to mass media malpractice - some is due to the fact that most people “just don’t care as much about politics” - so they don’t go to the effort to keep up.

But, I remember when I used to look every day to see if he was under or over -10 and would fret a little when he went to -8 or -9. Now, we are starting to see the same thing at -20. I think that within a month or so, you will see him at -20 or below every day.

And, as a business owner (who closes his store today due to poor conditions), I think we are heading for a MASSIVE crash - at which time there will either be a civil war - or he will be removed from office

I agree that he can only go so low due to liberal religious fervor and tribalism. Help yourself to any alliteration I allege.

My best friend is a liberal and also a business owner (as am I). I asked him 2 days ago how Christmas sales were. He literally said:

“We’re down about 25% from last year....but
I think everybody is better off this year”

I tried to point out that it was about the stupidest thing he has ever said....and he started getting angry (which he NEVER does). I can see his worldview crashing around him and he just doesn’t know how to deal with it....

No comments: